CONTOH COMMONLY MISUSED WORDS DAN CONFUSINGLY RELATED WORDS

1. COMMONLY MISUSED WORDS

Accept, Except:
Accept is a verb meaning to receive.
Except is usually a preposition meaning excluding.
- She will not accept the job offer.
- No one is allowed to enter my room, except you.


Affect, Effect:
Affect is usually a verb meaning to influence.
Effect is usually a noun meaning result.


- Certain foods may affect our mood.
- She wanted to know the effect of television on children.


2. CONFUSINGLY RELATED WORDS

Remind, Remember:
Remind means of reminding (make people remember).
Remember mean recall (recall a thing)
Ex:
- Remind me to return this book to the library.
- I remember to lock the door.


Borrow, Lend:
Borrow to obtain or receive something.
Lend means borrowing or lending.
- I borrowed her book last Sunday.
- She lends me some money today.

Comments

Popular Posts